Friday, May 1, 2015

A Beginners Guide To Marriage.

Typically I try to be fairly private, however I feel that this is a subject that is so universal that I could openly talk about it here. Let's say you're getting ready to get married, is it a rushed decision? Are you in high school? Are you mad at your parents? If those are the situations then you should wait. Marriage is a business merger and to be honest the best part of marriage isn't the glitz and glam, it's the moments that are totally unexpected. You won't get a fairy tale moment every second of your life, but those moments when you you get to sit down and relax with your partner it's and extremely humbling feeling that there's this person who puts so much time effort and energy into me. Eventually what you find out is that when you're married you both bring something that the one doesn't have, you learn about yourself even more then you would by yourself and it's a constant growing process. I love every second of married life, even the rough parts are't that rough because you are both going on this journey through life together. In marriage you and your partner provide things for each other that no one could ever possibly purchase, like patience and understanding. It's a cool feeling to have someone who gets you and wants to be around you and in short someone who is always there. Some people worry that marriage could get boring, well if you're with the wrong person then it would be. My wife and I fit like a puzzle, we both understand and get would most people would consider shortcomings about ourselves and this is support. The fact that I can keep up doing my artistic dreams  and she's fully supportive of that is something beyond it's weight in gold. If you don't have someone who challenges you then you will never grow. Most of my art is so much better now because of her input and I have assisted in building her confidence and eliminating self esteem issues. I may not be the best at a lot of things, and I'm learning as I go with marriage but I have learned a lot already. Like mentioned above, the trips, and adventures are nice bonuses, but the best gifts in marriage are those unexpected spontaneous quiet moments together.

No comments:

Post a Comment