Wednesday, July 6, 2016

What truly matters


Several weeks ago there was a massive tragedy that befell Orlando, I hesitated to put my two cents in because I knew that I didn't have the proper words to say anything really meaningful, which would cause my words to drift into the endless noise of the internet. I made a tribute album and donated the proceeds which went toward the victims of the senseless crime. Given, it was an attack on a specific group of people, who were attacked for the way they love. Love isn't a question, it's the answer, and it's what I saw from orlando amidst the aftermath. Love, renewed. So many people spend so much time trying to hide how they love in fear that they may get hurt for their love. Love takes on many shapes and forms, what truly matters is that it is love. I was apprehensive to say anything in the first place because I was afraid that my words would be insignificant and pale in comparison to the magnitude of the tragedy. What matters is that I'm trying to put some positivity out into the world, every little bit helps. We all have separate struggles, lives and journeys, regardless, we are one human people. If we all spent a little time making a bit more positivity then maybe things could change for the better...and that's what truly matters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment