Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Just a matter of time




Just a matter of time 
by myk media 

It's amazing because back in September I had a hemiplegic migraine which resulted in a months-long anxiety attack. Within those attacks the major concern of mine was time and there wasn't enough, that was until I just reset my mindset. I remembered what a smart guy named Einstein said about time, that it's relative and that our perspective of time is what effects the duration of time. Shortly after I started to relearn to live in the moment because honestly, all we ever have IS the moment. So many people I know on a regular basis spend so much of their time condensing it. They do this by waiting for the end of the day, waiting for the end of the week, month, year and so on. While you can look forward to things, spending too much time in the future or the past causes the moments in your life to pass you by. While I was having my bouts of anxiety, I wished I had more time with my family and I even regretted not being there enough in the past. In all honesty, regret is a waste of energy and my children were happy with their routine and rather than expelling too much energy on the past I decided to spend as much time enjoying the moments that compromise of our lives as possible. I was being faced with another anxiety, the moments seem to drip right through our fingers. But that's not entirely so, the moment is always now, we are always now. Rather than obsessing with the last now, enjoy the current now. So I returned to meditation, which helped and I regained appreciation of the moment. In committing to appreciation each moment as I'm greeted with them, I decided to go to my daughter's bike race at school. It was a long event, but I enjoyed every minute of it. I saw old school mates and new school mates and while my daughter was having fun, she was kind of doing her own thing. I was glad I was there to spend time with her but I wish I could be there with my kids a bit longer and more often. While on spring break is when we found out about the school closures my time with them was extended. Instead of not enough time, that's all I have now is time. But I realized that's all we ever have. Even though I live in the moment, I do tend to forget to take my own advice. 
I think a bad thing like this virus can help to remind us to appreciate the small things. Now I don't think that the virus is a good thing and we don't have control over it, but we have control over our outlook on life.  


No comments:

Post a Comment